These are the main societal isms:
It is not cool to be an ist. Ever.
it is quite suitable to disregard above when
comes to the table.
Current trends suggest it has become tres en vogue to be this particular brand of ist.
Whenever. Wherever. With whomever.
When referring to persons of faith, popular descriptive terms include:
*Above descriptors are much more effective when preceded by a carefully selected expletive.
When discussing persons of faith, one should:
- choose the most current and extreme case of zealousness
- name extreme case of zealousness “Religion”
- equate “Religion” with all persons of faith
The above formula will ensure all persons of faith are equally deemed religious zealots. Because that is the way it really is.
When considering persons of faith, it is advisable to:
- Never assume they are intelligent, free-thinking people. Always assume they are against advancement and science.
- Never assume they work hard at walking through life. Always assume they use a crutch.
- Never assume they are interested in people and the world they live in. Always assume they despise anyone who doesn’t share their beliefs.
- Never assume they are pro. Always assume they are anti.
N.B. Assumptions are the most accurate way of determining the personality, character, and distinctiveness of individuals.
Faithism. It’s the new black.
Wear it well.
Or risk flouting the trend.
Disclaimer: Any resemblance of above commentary to persons either living or dead is purely coincidental. Or not.